Foire / Fair comme si tout allait bien
From May 18 to June 16
Opening: Friday, May 18, starting at 5pm
This exhibition’s original intent was to present a collective expression of the participatory, team spirit that informs the centre’s activities while also highlighting each participant’s complex artistic identity. The first task was to find an idea that would suite active members and reflect the 2006-2007 call for proposals, under the theme As If All Were Well.
After several proposals were rejected, the concept changed and expanded to include all those who had been active at Skol this past year, along with their invitees from among emerging artists and Skol alumni. Artists were invited to present sketches and drawings, expressions of individual impulses and a testament to the source and origin of all artistic projects.
This group show, then, is the outcome of a collective construction developed over the course of a year. It reflects an experimental disposition and offers a living portrait of the Centre, in all its temporal, spatial, and relational ramifications. Whatever the field of practice, all productions emerge from a project, a draft, a vision.
Taking place in a festive atmosphere, the exhibition expresses a diversity and an energy that run both through its program (see right column →) and the works that it presents.
Information : 514-398-9322 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Saturday during the exhibition, Laststrawbox (composed of Barry Allikas, Andrew Harder, Michael Merrill, Dave Macaulay + guest) will perform live music via the Internet! Join us in the gallery's lounge area to listen to their weekly jam sessions.
- On Thursday, May 24 at 5 pm (at Skol), Lisa Ndejuru, Devora Neumark and Pauline Ngirumpatse will present their ongoing collaborative project Home Beautiful.
- Nikki Middlemiss, whose project The Candidates has been chosen to represent Skol's 2006-2007 season (Faire comme si tout allait bien), will also present her work on Wednesday, May 30 at 5pm.
- Finally, Alexis Bellavance invites everyone to attend his Patatechniques laboratory/workshop, which will take place Friday, June 15, from 12:30 to 4pm.
Friday, May 18
- featuring free form music by
- 5:00pm: Toast to Skolians
- 6:45pm: Fesses et Crécelle - Performance by Belinda Campbell & Caroline Dubois.
- 7:00pm: Buffet
- 8:00pm: Party!
Every Saturday at Skol
May 19 & 26; June 2, 9 & 16
Music for Tripping Over Furniture
live audio streams with
- Barry Allikas, Andrew Harder, Michael Merrill, Dave Macaulay + guest.
Skol off-site Projects 2006-2007 : Meet the artists
- Thursday, May 24 at 5pm: Lisa Ndejuru, Devora Neumark and Pauline Ngirumpatse present Home Beautiful.
- Wednesday, May 30 at 5pm: Nikki Middlemiss presents The Candidates.
Wednesday June 13 at Skol
- 6pm: Public forum on Membership
Friday, June 15 at Skol
- 12:30 - 2pm: Patatechniques - a workshop with Alexis Bellavance.